Why Podcast Mirror Stands Above the Rest
The Podcast Mirror feed can be used as your podcast feed when submitting to podcast directories, such as: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher, Spotify, Blubrry, and more.
PowerPress users may utilize the FeedBurner setting to redirect your podcast feed to the new Podcast Mirror feed.
This is a modern service, similar to FeedBurner, excluding the features that have nothing to do with podcasting.
Your new feed will meet all the features and resources required for Apple Podcastsand other podcast applications such as: Apple’s official iOS app, Google Play Music, Stitcher, TuneIn, and more.
Features required for Apple Podcasts:
- HEAD and Byte Range requests
- SSL certificate from one of the top tier SSL vendors
- HTTP/2, HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 supported
- Complete Apple network range white-listed
Secure SSL (https://) podcast feeds utilize the latest technologies including HTTP/2, paired with our top-tier certificate, supported by all applications and web browsers.
- Secure HTTPS Included: Secure websites and feeds are now required for some applications and services. We keep you covered by providing your podcast feed via HTTPS://.
- SSL Certificate: Supported by all podcast apps and clients, including Apple Podcasts.
- “Encrypt All The Things”: Supports this Google link initiative.
- Prevents red X: No longer see the X over a padlock in URL bar browsers.
Feeds are hosted on our on Content Delivery Network (CDN) with over 40 distribution centers located all over the world, improving loading times as well as compression for lightning fast delivery.
- Verified: Each feed update is verified. If there is an error, we don’t update the mirror copy so your subscribers are not disrupted.
- HTTP/2 and IPv6: Service supports the latest technology. But have no fear. We still support older HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 protocols as well as IPv4 for complete backwards ability.
- 99.99 Percent Uptime: Failover is baked-in. Podcast feeds are cloned across multiple data centers located in different parts of the country. Each data center has a 99.99% guarantee, so we made the redundancy…well, redundant.
- Feed Updates: We poll your master feed every 15 minutes for updates.
- Manual Refresh: Your Podcast Mirror feed updates in 60 seconds.
- Pinging: Coming Soon
We only want to provide the best so we’ve made sure that all of the parts come together to ensure a quality user experience.
- Smart Caching: Website caching can cause episode delays, and other random issues, for some subscribers. Our caching is designed specifically for podcast feeds and is always cleared when new updates are found in your feed.
- Leave the Traffic to Us: Don’t worry! The traffic scaling is built-in. No matter how much traffic your podcast has your mirrored feed will remain online 24/7.
- Features that Work: Other feed services such as FeedBurner will offer you subscriber metrics, however this data is flawed. Most listeners use cloud-based apps where one service pulls the podcast feed for many of it’s user. This simple service does not provide such features, that simply – don’t work.
No limitations on where you can host your website. Podcast Mirror works around the quirks, such as the lack of Apple Podcasts support, blocked HEAD requests, and unsupported SSL certificates. Rest assured your podcast feed will not be affected.
- Cloudflare and Encapsula: Use these services on your website without fear that the security settings will block your podcast.
- Apache, Nginx, IIS: Podcast Mirror can pull your feed without issue, regardless of your web server technology.
- Squarespace, Wix, Weebly: Your feed will be maintained properly, no matter where your host your site.
Subscribe options for listeners include, but are not limited to:
- Apple Podcasts
Feeds are viewable from most browsers to provide a seemless podcast experience right from the web browser. Mobile and desktop support is available.
- Easily found (and played) episodes
- Clearly visible podcast artwork
- Subscribe buttons included